The composition and functioning of the Commission for Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies of the Menéndez Pelayo International University are regulated by the General Regulations for UIMP Official Studies (Governing Council, 14 August, 2008).
The Commission for Postgraduate and Doctoral Studies of the UIMP is made up of:
Vice Principal of the UIMP for Postgraduate Studies and Research
Francisca García Caballero
Antonio Fernández Rañada, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Antonio Hernando Grande, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Javier Llorca Martínez, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
José Mª Martínez Val, Universidad Politécnica de Madrid
Miguel Ángel Garrido Gallardo, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
Economics, Banking, and Finance
José Martí Pellón, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Julio Iglesias de Ussel, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Law and Social Sciences
Miryam de la Concepción González Rabanal, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Damián García Olmo, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid
Manuel Serrano Ríos, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Carmelo Vázquez Valverde, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Biotechnology and Biomedicine
María Molina Martín, Universidad Complutense de Madrid
Agricultural and Food Sciences; Life Sciences
Manuela Juárez Iglesias, Consejo Superior de Investigaciones Científicas (CSIC)
The functions of the Commission are as follows:
- To assess the proposals put forward for Masters' and Doctoral Studies Programs, according to the criteria for quality set down beforehand by the University, while drafting the corresponding report in this regard, which will be put before the Governing Council. In the issuing of the report, positive value will be assigned to the degree of international projection of the Teaching Staff and of the Program.
- The assessment report will include an analysis of the feasibility and strategic appropriateness of the proposal concerned and its compliance with current regulations. Positive value will be assigned to the academic quality of that same proposal, to which end consideration will be given to the adequacy of the teaching and research, or professional, background of the group of those who will undertake the teaching; to its coherence; to the prior basis of the Study Plan and the interdisciplinarity that it sets out; to the system of coordination and tutorials put forward; and to the monitoring and quality improvement procedures to be employed.
- To undertake the monitoring of Masters' and Doctoral Studies Programs and to issue a biennial assessment report on their quality.
- To propose to the Principal the admission to an official Master's or Doctoral Program of students with non-homologated studies from universities abroad, and likewise the homologation of Master's and Doctoral Qualifications from universities abroad.
- To authorize, where appropriate, the participation of professionals and researchers not belonging to the university teaching staff in these studies.
- To authorize those modifications to already implemented Study Plans which do not involve a change in the essential character and aims of the Qualification concerned, subject to their being approved as such by the Council of Universities.
- To ensure the setting up of internal procedures for guaranteeing quality control in each area of study.