Inscription and Registration
Courses on our programme are aimed at adults. If a student aged 16 or 17 wishes to register for the course, they need to send a completed Authorization Form signed by their parents or guardians, alongside the application form.
Those student wishing to register need to fill out and send the application form to the Students' Office alongside a passport-sized photograph and a photocopy of their passport or identity document.
Once the Secretary's Office has received the pre-enrolment application, the student will be sent the matching price as well as instructions to pay for the registration and, where applicable, accommodation if this has been booked for the UIMP Halls of Residence.
The course price and registration expenses need to be paid upon confirmation of your place.
Payment will be in Euros with a Bank transfer to the UIMP All bank charges shall be paid by the student.
Also you can pay with credit card, over the UIMP website. Students choose this way, must say to the Secretary's Office in order to inform personal code to do on-line payment.
Students ask for accommodation must to fill annex II (Accommodation)
- College Residences: Those students having applied for accommodation at Las Llamas Campus or in La Playa Residence (Peninsula de la Magdalena), have to pay the accommodation reservation (60€) that shall be discounted from the total cost of the requested accommodation. The remaining amount will be paid upon confirmation of your place in the accommodation.
If you fail to pay for the accommodation 3 weeks before the course starts, the booking will be cancelled.
Students must take a level test on the first day of the course.
Some courses require prior language knowledge and passing the level test is obligatory to be able to register on the chosen course.
At the end of the course students will receive an attendance certificate in line with the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) stating the level and number of class hours.
In order to be awarded the certificate, students need to attend at least 85% of Spanish Language and Culture classes, based on the class hours stated in the corresponding info box and as per the length of stay on the course.
Cancellation and Refunds
- Cancellation: If the University cancels the course or level, students will receive a refund for the amount paid or, if they so request, may use this amount for another scheduled course in the same academic year.
- Refund: If you wish refund, student requests should be made in writing and sent to the Students' Office before starting the course if your intention is cancel your registration. It is necessary justifying the cause of cancellation and attaching supporting documentation.
Cases of force majeure will be looked at individually.
Enrolment charges (20€) and in this case the accommodation booking fee (60€) are non-refundable in all instances.
In the price of registration is not included health insurance
- Students from member nations of the European Union are recommended to bring their E-111/128 with them so that they can use the Spanish Public Health Service if necessary.
- We recommend students from non-EU countries take out medical insurance before travelling.
Students with disabilities
Students with a physical disability or special educational requirements should notify the University before booking a course so that we can advise them about how suitable the chosen course is for them and the support we can reasonably provide them with. The UIMP cannot guarantee that we are able to cover the specific requirements of these students.
Conduct and behavior
The UIMP reserves the right to expel any student with unsatisfactory attendance or work, improper conduct and/or where their behavior contravenes the Centre’s regulations.
European Union citizens do not need a visa to attend the courses.
Non-EU citizens need to obtain information at the Embassy or consulate about requirements to study in Spain.
Those students requiring a UIMP admission letter to process a visa application at the Spanish Embassy or consulate need to pay for the programme they have registered for in full beforehand.
Once payment is received, the admission letter will be sent to the address provided by the student. The document will show the student's personal details, passport number, the length of the course at the UIMP and (where applicable) the accommodation address during their stay.
If student need us to send the admission letter by courier, they need to pay for the charges beforehand for said delivery.
If the visa is denied, the UIMP will refund the money paid as long as the student notifies it in writing before the start of the course and presents the official document sent by the Embassy or consulate where the visa refusal was notified to them and the reasons for said refusal. Enrolment charges (20€) are non-refundable in all instances.
From time to time, photographs and videos are taken to be used in our promotional campaign and/or for commercial purposes. If students do not agree, they (or their parents or guardians in the case of minors) need to notify the UIMP when registering for the course.
Secretaría de Alumnos
Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo
(Campus de Las Llamas)
Avda. de los Castros, 42. (39005 – Santander). ESPAÑA.
Teléf. +34 942 29 87 00 / 12 /21 – Fax: +34 942 29 87 27